Chromebooks are really Google’s attempt at making a Netbook computer with their own operating system. The Acer Chromebook has become very popular because of its low, entry-level price and compact size. As an Acer laptop the Chromebook is very basic and depends heavily on the internet for its usefulness. Whether you’ve decided on a Chromebook or not, there is no doubt that the Acer Chromebook is a great choice. This article takes a look at all of the Acer C710-2833 Chromebook’s features to demonstrate why it is the best value in Chromebook laptops for 2014. Could a new Acer laptop Chromebook be in your future?
When it comes to the operating system, all Chromebooks function nearly the same. But to say all Chromebooks are the same would be grossly inaccurate. Different hardware manufacturers have taken the Google Chromebook model and created hardware with vastly different functionality and price. The Acer C710-2833 is one of the most popular Chromebooks because of its unique differences from other Chromebooks. Take a look at all its features.
- The C710-2833 uses an Intel Celeron 847 processor with 2 MB of L3 cache running at 1.1 GHZ and paired with the mobile Intel NM70 Express Chipset. This may sound like a step backward in technology, but is really not when you consider how you will probably use the Acer. It has plenty of power for web browsing, web apps, and using Google Docs for managing your documents.
- The Acer Chromebook starts in seconds so it that you can resume work or play without delay. Get that new computer feel every time you power up.
- This Acer Chromebook comes loaded with the latest release of the Google Chrome Operating System.
- Chromebooks feature easy setup so that you can go from unboxing to productivity or online fun quickly.
- The C710-2833 comes with 2 GB of DDR3, expandable to 4 GB, providing plenty of memory for Chromebook web-based apps.
- The C710-2833 has an 11.6-inch widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit display with 1366 x 768 pixel resolution that provides crisp images and brilliant colors.
- Acer’s CineCrystal Technology is designed to provide better color reproduction and contrast ratios than matte displays ideal for multimedia purposes of all kinds.
- This Acer Chromebook comes with built-in Intel HD Graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory for rapid rendering.
- Video will be crystal clear on external devices like monitors, projectors, and TVs using the built-in HDMI port.
- Two built-in stereo audio speakers give this compact Acer laptop big sound.
- Even as compact as the Acer Chromebook is, it still gives you a full-size Acer FineTip keyboard and a large, buttonless, multi-gesture touchpad.
- The FineTip keyboard will appeal to those who type a lot with its larger keys and well-defined spaces in-between.
- You Chromebook will boot faster and access files with blinding speed using its 16 GB SSD Drive.
Portable Digital Media
- Now you can read external SD and multi-media cards using the Acer’s integrated, 2-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader.
- The Acer C710-2833 Chromebook features full 802.11 A/B/G/N-compatibility.
- Take advantage of faster broadband using the built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN adapter.
- A high-quality built-In HD Webcam will have you looking good during video chats.
- The Acer Chromebook comes out-of-the-box with Google’s Search, Gmail, Talk, and YouTube built-in.
- You have the power to create documents, spreadsheets, presentation, and drawings using Google Docs, Zoho, and SlideRocket.
- You also get 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years so you can always access your documents from anywhere.
- For you road warriors, you also get 12 FREE in-air internet passes ($150 value) to keep you connectivity even while flying useable for up to two years after purchase. They are valid on any continental U.S. flight on participating airlines.
- Google+ Hangouts lets you video chat with up to nine friends.
- 3 – USB 2.0
- 1 – HDMI
- 1 – Ethernet
- This Chromebook comes with a 4-cell Li-ion Battery (2500 mAh) that gives up to 4-hours of battery life to keep you working or playing longer without having to plug in.
- The Acer Chromebook weighs in at only 3.05 lbs. (1.38 kg.) and has compact dimension of 11.22 x 7.95 x 1.09 inches.
Acer Laptop Pros
- Fast, reliable, and easy to use
- Sturdy keyboard
- Bright screen
- Incredibly stable
- Great price
- Some keyboard keys too small
- OS take getting used to
- No Skype
- Lack of apps
- Can’t use Microsoft apps
Acer C710-2833 Chromebook Video
Acer Laptop Chromebook Comparison Chart
Looking for a great gaming laptop? You need to read our article ASUS Laptop: G750 Series ASUS Gaming Laptop! Also, don’t miss checking out Samsung Laptop: Great New Laptop ATIV Book 2 NP270E5E!
Need a touchscreen laptop? Read about a great one at Touch Screen Laptop: Best New Ultra-Light Touch Screen Laptop.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Acer Chromebook? Do you think it’s the best value? Which Chromebook are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please take a moment to share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information to help you shop for an Acer laptop or other Chromebook.