If you’re looking for the absolute cheapest laptop then your best bet would be a ChromeBook. To find out more about Chromebooks, see our article Acer Laptop: Best Value Acer Chromebook 2013.
This article is about the cheapest laptop that is a fully capable portable computer. Chromebooks depend on Google Apps whereas a standard laptop can run any software.
These days when it comes to inexpensive laptops, you don’t necessarily have to suffer with a completely basic model that doesn’t do what you need it to do, or has poor performance. It is completely reasonable to find laptops with 2 GB of RAM, an Intel processor, a 300+ GB hard disk, HD graphics, and Windows 8 for under $300. We think we have found the cheapest laptop you’re going to actually want and it’s made by Acer. Take a look and see if this is the perfect laptop for you!
If you’re looking for the cheapest laptop you can find, that still has great features including HD graphics, an Intel processor, and Windows 8, the Acer Aspire One AO756-2641 may be the perfect laptop for you. With its 11.6 inch display, thin sub-1 inch profile, full-size keyboard, and light weight, the Aspire One makes work and entertainment on the go easier and more enjoyable. Take a look at all of its features.
Cheapest Laptop Style
- The AO756-2641 sports a new look in an ultraportable notebook with rounded corners for comfort and a semi-matte finished cover that is available in your favorite colors.
- The AO756-2641 features a reliable and powerful Intel Celeron Processor 847 running at 1.1 GHz with the Mobile Intel HM70 Express chipset and 2 MB Level 3 cache.
- You will have all the power you need for online HD streaming, web browsing or any of your daily computer tasks with the AO756-2641.
- You get 2048MB of DDR3 Memory in the AO756-2641 which is plenty for loading large programs or multi-tasking.
- The power of the new smoother, faster Windows 8 with instant access to your people, apps, and sites, comes pre-installed on the Acer Aspire One.
- You will have plenty of space for pictures, videos, movies, and everything else on the large 320 GB SATA (5400 RPM) hard disk drive.
- The built-in 2-in-1 digital media card reader will make it easy to read your SD and multimedia cards and transfer your photos and files to your laptop.
- The AO756-2641’s widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit 11.6 inch display with 1366 x 768 max screen resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio is the perfect size for enjoying your entertainment or being productive.
- You will appreciate the crystal clear images delivered by the AO756-2641’s built-in Intel HD Graphics adapter with 128 MB of its own dedicated system memory.
- Its 100% standard-size FineTip keyboard with bigger keys will help you type more accurately and more comfortably than many larger laptops.
- Scroll, rotate images, zoom, and browse smoothly with your fingertips on the AO756-2641’s MultiGesture Touchpad.
- Built-in stereo speakers do a fine job of reproducing music including songs and videos.
- The digital microphone will help you come across clearer in Skype conversations or on chat.
- The Acer Aspire One AO756-2641 has a built-in high-definition webcam for quality video chats.
- You have a choice of 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN connectivity or 802.11 B/G/N certified WiFi to keep you connected to the internet, social networks, email and more.
- Share your movies, photos and more to your big-screen HDTV or monitor using HDMI output and an HDMI cable.
- The AO756-2641 comes with a 4-cell Li-ion Battery (2500 mAh) that provides up to 4-hours of battery life.
- 3 – USB 2.0
- 1 – HDMI
- 1 – Ethernet
- The AO756-2641 weighs in at a lightweight 3.05 lbs./1.38 kg and measures a slim 11.22 x 7.95 x 1.09 inches.
Cheapest Laptop Pros
- Memory upgradeable to 8 GB
- Elegant good looks
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Great keyboard
- Steep learning curve on Windows 8
- Some problems with WiFi connections
- No DVD/CD drive
- Sound quality not great
Cheapest Laptop Comparison Chart
Recommended Related Articles:
- Samsung Chromebook 3G
- ASUS Laptop: G750 Series ASUS Gaming Laptop
- Samsung Laptop: Great New Laptop ATIV Book 2 NP270E5E
- Touch Screen Laptop: Best New Ultra-Light Touch Screen Laptop
- Acer Laptop: Best Value Acer Chromebook 2013
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of the Acer Aspire One? Do you think it’s a good choice? Which cheap laptop are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit.
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use in your search for the cheapest laptop and you find the one that is perfect for you!