Laptop cooling pads protect your valuable laptop from heat damage. You probably already have the laptop that you’re planning to use this Fall at college. It’s either a new one or the one you had last year. When it comes to back to college tech, you need to think about keeping the most important piece of equipment you own chilled, using one of the new technology laptop cooling pads.
Protecting laptops with laptop cooling pads is important to anyone who uses a laptop. You write papers there, study there, keep in touch there, and do all matter of things there that are all important to you. What would happen if your lifeline failed on you? What if your laptop crashed?
How could it happen? One way is by overheating. Modern laptops push the limits of processor power by walking a fine line between power and heat damage. If you could see the processor inside your laptop computer you would probably notice a large heat sink over it drawing away the heat generated by processing. Then the cooling fan or fans in the back of your laptop draw a cooling breeze across the heat sink moving the hot air out to the environment.
Interested in learning about other great printers for college? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best out there!
Need a new laptop? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Laptops Under 200: Top Rated Chromebook Laptop Computer Perfect Student Notebook
- Laptops Under 300 Dollars: 7 Great Budget Laptops Under 300 Dollars
- Small Laptop: Best Value Touchscreen Convertible Laptop
- Best Laptop Computer to Buy: Top Laptop Pick
- Gaming Laptop Computer: Best Gaming Experience
- Best PC Laptops: 5 Best Touchscreen/Convertible Windows Notebooks
- Top Laptop Brands: Top 5 Touchscreen Windows Notebooks
The problem is that when you’re at college, you hardly turn off your laptop. Most of the time you’re operating it and possibly processing some intense spreadsheets, documents, or other heat generating applications. Depending on the temperatures inside your dorm room or apartment your laptop could be on the verge of overheating every time you use it.
The answer is to give your laptop a very simple back to college tech accessory designed to help it keep its cool. You really need to think about purchasing one of the inexpensive laptop cooling pads with a built-in cooling fan. They typically have one or two additional fans mounted in a slim mat that you put your laptop on.
Many are even powered by one of your laptop’s USB ports using a pass-through connector so you don’t lose your USB port. Some even double as a laptop table or laptop stand to provide some angle to the laptop keyboard for more comfortable typing.
If you really care about the life of your laptop and want to keep it humming all the way through your senior year, then a laptop cooling mat or laptop cooling pad is the must-have back to college tech accessory.
Remember, cooling pads are a cheap alternative to a fried laptop so you should give serious consideration to purchasing one this semester. Don’t let the heat get to your laptop and ruin your day or possibly much more. Cooling pads are laptop accessories that help laptop computers stay cool and may lengthen their useful life.
We searched laptop forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media, retail sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated laptop cooling pads.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these popular models is the best laptop cooling pad for your needs!
Top 5 Laptop Cooling Pads For College
#5 – Samyo Blue LED 10-17″ 5-Fan Laptop Cooling Pads
Suitable for laptops up to 17-inches in size this laptop cooling pad even looks cool while it’s cooling.
- 5 fans quietly keep your laptop running cool
- Fans have selectable modes including 120mm fan + 4 – 70mm fans or all 5 fans in operation
- Comes with 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Tilted for comfortable typing
- Lightweight construction with metal mesh front
- Measures approximately 15 x 14.3 x 2.5 inches
#4 – Cooler Master NotePal X2 Laptop
Cooling Pad with 140mm Blue LED Fan (R9-NBC-4WAK-GP)
The Cooler Master NotePal X2 is designed to silently sit beneath your laptop on your desk or lap and keep your laptop functioning at lower, more sustainable temperatures. Its bottom-intake configuration and large 140 mm fan pulls an amazing amount of heat away from your laptop’s processors. Here are some of its main features.
- Very quiet operation
- Use on desk or on your lap
- Large variable speed, high-performance 140 mm fan rotates at nearly 1500 RPM to pull large amounts of air through its bottom intake
- Heat dissipates quickly from its thermally-enhance metal mesh laptop cooler
- Dual height settings adjusts to be the most comfortable for you
- Can handle laptops, notebooks and Ultrabooks up to 17 inches
- Blue LED shines through the center mesh when the cooler is on adding a stylish touch
- Slim yet heavy-duty construction
#3 – Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP)
With its large 160mm fan and slim metal mesh construction, the Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim does it job while adding minimal height to your laptop. It supports laptops up to 17 inches and provides additional features that are unusual for its ultra-slim profile.
- Large, quite 160mm fan spins at nearly 1500 rpm to provide superior airflow for additional cooling power
- New technology metal grid dissipates heat better than older designs
- Selectable height setting provides two viewing and typing angle options
- Unique cable groove built-in to the pad provide easy USB cable management
- Heavy-duty construction in a slim, lightweight package
- USB port extender included so that you don’t lose a port to the cooling pad
- Support up to 17-inch laptops, notebook, or Ultrabooks
#2 – Thermaltake Massive23 LX Laptop Notebook Cooler Oversized 230mm Blue LED Fan USB CLN0015
Everyone knows that heat is a laptop’s worst enemy. Over time, laptop manufacturers have been putting more powerful fans and more effective heat sinks on laptops to counteract the larger, hotter running processors and GPUs they are installing. If you run your laptop most of the day like you might at college, that may not be enough. The ThermalTake Massive23 LX has an oversized 230mm Blue LED fan that can really move the air underneath your laptop and dissipate large amounts of heat. Take a look at its many features.
- Huge, switchable oversized 230mm ultra-quiet fan pushes larger amounts of air than pads with smaller fans
- Ultra-quiet operation means that it will continue to do its job without you even noticing
- Switchable Blue LEDs inside the fan give off a cool glow when the pad is in operation
- Built-in handle makes this pad highly portable
- Special low-power design puts minimum stress on your laptop’s battery
- Supports laptops from 10 to 17 inches
- Fast and powerful 18-54.6 CFM air flow
- Handy hidden storage space stores USB cables or other small laptop accessories when not in use
- High-quality gold-plated USB connector
#1 – Cooler Master NotePal X3 Laptop Cooling Pad with 200mm Blue LED Fan (R9-NBC-NPX3-GP)
At one time, laptop cooling pads were pretty much ineffective because their fans were too small, they didn’t have good technology for dissipating heat, and you couldn’t control the fan speed. The Cooler Master NotePal X3 Laptop Cooling Pad has changed all that. It has a large, very effective fan, great heat dissipation technology, and you can even control the fan speed. Here are its main features.
- Large 200mm fan with fan speed controller pushes massive amounts of air
- New technology metal mesh base is effective at dissipating heat
- Effectively cools your laptop up to 17 inches in size
- Perfect for high-performance laptops like gaming laptops
- Innovative design directs a light breeze towards your hand to keep them cool and dry during long periods at the keyboard
- Integrated USB hub provides extra connections for additional peripherals and drives
- Cool blue LED light gives this cooling pad extra flare
- Heavy-duty construction provides a sturdy base for your laptop
- Two adjustable height settings help customize the pad to your needs
Want to learn more about other great laptop pads? Be sure and see this article from TechNorms.com.
Laptop Cooling Pads
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our cooling pad choices? Do you think one of these back-to-college laptop cooling pads might be the one for you? Which cooling pad are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our laptop accessories post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you select among the popular laptop cooling pads.