If you’re looking for laptops under 200 then you’ve probably resigned yourself to buying a low performance Google Chromebook with few features that can only run Google software, has virtually no storage, and an anemic amount of RAM. There is good news and bad news. First, most laptops under 200 are still almost exclusively Chromebooks. The good news is that Chromebooks aren’t as lame as they once were.
Laptops under 200 have grown up. Many Chromebooks now come with 4GB of RAM, at least some flash storage, faster Intel processors, and now have the ability to run Microsoft Office products online so you’re not tied to Google Docs and its associated software.
Interested in learning about other inexpensive laptops? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Laptops for Kids: Top 5 Best Rated Kids Laptops
- Second Hand Laptops: Reliable Refurbished Laptops Save Money
- Laptops Under 300 Dollars: 7 Great Budget Laptops Under 300 Dollars
- Cheap Used Computers For Sale: Best Places To Buy Used Online
- Laptops for Children: Laptops Invading Elementary Schools
- Cheapest Laptop: Cheapest Windows Laptop
- Acer Laptop: Best Value Acer Chromebook
One knock on Chromebooks has been their durability. I guess it’s not like you’re expecting to buy a durable laptop for a Chromebook price, but what good are laptops under $200 if they can’t take everyday abuse? Fortunately, manufacturers have listened and have begun introducing more durable Chromebooks that can take mostly what you dish out. In fact, some models are even ruggedized and water resistant.
So cheap laptops for sale under 200 aren’t the ugly step sisters they once were and they make excellent student laptops that are more rugged and capable than ever before.
We searched computer hardware forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated Chromebook under $200.
Take a look at our choice and see if this member of the Laptops Under 200 Club, is the best laptop under 200 for your needs!
Laptops Under 200: Top Rated Chromebook Laptop Computer Perfect Student Notebook
If you’ve been hesitating to get a Chromebook laptop, but you want one of the cheap laptops under 200, you need to look at the ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02 11.6-Inch Ruggedized and Water Resistant Laptop. It features an impressively fast Intel Celeron processor and 4GB of RAM that were once unheard of in a Chromebook. ASUS has an impressive record of delivering capable Chromebooks and this member of the Laptops Under 200 Club is a perfect example. It doesn’t just come with impressive performance. It can also open/edit Microsoft Office files using the free, embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs and can even use free Microsoft Office Online software. It’s also a ruggedized laptop with a spill-resistant keyboard, reinforced rubber-wrapped frame, and a tough 180-degree hinge that can handle the daily rigors and intense usage of students inside and outside the classroom. It combines the best of durability, ruggedness, and serviceability to minimize downtime and create more uptime. Its long 10-hour battery life means its ready to keep up with you all day long. You will be more productive than ever with one of the latest in the ASUS Chromebook lineup.
Laptops Under 200: Features
- Ruggedized and water-resistant 11.6-Inch Chromebook laptop computer with Intel Celeron N3060 Processor with 2M Cache and running at 1.6 GHz with boost to 2.48 GHz
- 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 HD wide viewing angle, anti-glare display
- 4GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB Flash Storage
- Open/Edit Microsoft Office files using included QuickOffice, Google Docs, or Microsoft Office Online
- Ruggedized features include a spill-resistant keyboard, reinforced rubber-wrapped frame, and tough 180-degree hinge all designed to keep up with your busy life
- Four exterior edges are all wrapped using nano-molding technology along with a tough rubber bumper with reinforced rubber frame protect against everyday bumps, knocks, and drops
- Lightweight, 2.65 lb. frame has two strategically placed grips to provide a better hold and reduce slipping accidents
- 180-degree hinge allows you to fully open the Chromebook improving viewing, especially for group sessions
- 15% larger character-printed keys and improved travel characteristics make typing easier and more accurate
- Integrated HD web camera
- Integrated 802.1a/b/g/n Wi-Fi has a 360-degree antenna provides strong reception and minimizes poor connections while you’re on the go
- Integrated Bluetooth V4.0
- Long 10-hour battery life
Free 100 GB of storage on Google Drive included
- Chromebook dimensions are 11.57W x 7.87D x 0.89H inches and it weighs 2.65 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty including battery
- 2 – Type A USB 3.0 (USB3.1 Gen 1)
- 1 – HDMI
- 1 – Combo audio jack
- 1 – 3-in-1 SD card reader
- Spill-proof keyboard and ruggedized design is perfect for traveling
- Surprisingly fast performance
- Excellent battery life
- Quality construction and materials
- Keyboard not illuminated and keyboard coloring difficult to see in low light
- Poor sound quality
- Not touchscreen
- Display not as crisp as some
Laptops Under 200
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this ASUS Chromebook? Which cheap laptop are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
When you think of laptops under 200, you probably think of Chromebooks with reduced capability and features. While it’s true that Chromebooks have had a reputation for only running Google software and having few features, newer models are breaking the mold with more memory, more storage, and the ability to run Microsoft product online. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose one of the right laptops under 200 for your needs!